Product Review : Daiso Silicone Mat (Brush Cleaner)


Hey hey hey!
Yes I am back with another product review and this time its something that most of you will thank me for after reading this. This will make your life so much easier so let's get started.

Introducing the..
(Photo credits to of Faces and Fingers)
Daiso Silicone Mat aka Power Mat.

I am a HUGE fan of Daiso and I get almost EVERYTHING I need from Daiso because its just so cheap, affordable and convenient too! 


I got this mat to help out with my brush cleaning routine and let me tell you this.. 
IT WAS THE BEST THING I EVER BOUGHT!

(Image source from Sigma)

(Image source from Sigma)

 I'm sure a lot of you have heard of the Brush Cleaning Glove by Sigma which cost about US$35. 
Its a glove with some little bumps, ridges, lines and other textures on the surface which are suppose to help as your wash your brush. You basically rub your brush bristles along those bumps and ridges to help your brushes get clean but seriously.. WAAAAAY to expensive for a cleaning glove IMHO.

This Silicone Mat from Daiso only cost me RM5. HOW CHEAP IS THAT! 
I'm planning to head back to Daiso to grab a couple more to stock up for my brush cleaning aid.
The only thing I didn't like about the mat is the silicone-plastic-ey smell.


 This silicone mat I bought from Daiso is pretty similar to the Sigma Brush Cleaning Glove and I think its enough to help clean my brushes. Here's a close up of the mat.
Check out the little bumps.



 How do you clean your brushes with this?
Just  dip your brush into baby shampoo (you can also use olive oil or hand soap) and start swirling it on the mat. You will see gunks of powder, cream or whatever you used earlier on the brush coming out onto the mat. Keep swirling until the brush is clean and rinse it off with water. 


How do you dry your brushes?
Place the brushes flat on a towel and leave them to dry over night.
For me, I have some brushes cases I got previously from Real Techniques and brush guards.
(You can read all bout the brushes and brush case here)


You can get your brush guards from Allure Dazzling.
Having a brush guard is good because the brush guard helps to keep the shape of the brush.


This is how I keep my brushes dry. 
This way the water from the brushes will drip down onto the towel. 
You don't want the bristles to start flaking off because of the excess water that is stuck inside the brushes. 

Overall, I am very satisfied with this mat.
Despite the smell and all everything else if fine with me.
A cheap and affordable way to keep you brushes clean and purse happy.
Doesn't look as good as the original brush cleaning glove but hey it gets the job done perfectly.

Lastly,
I will be having a giveaway soon and also apologies for the lack of updates as well.
Been busy moving to a new house and busy setting up everything with my family.

Comments

  1. Great tip to clean makeup brushes! Especially since the sigma one is way to expensive!

    xoxo
    Miriam
    www.miriammerrygoround.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a while since your last update! I never know that Daiso is selling this mat luckily I read this! Thanks for the info ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daiso is my favorite store also, I can spend a lot of time in there as there are too many things for me to discover!
    This is really a cheaper way to clean the brushes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment