Beauty Tips : How to clean your Makeup Brushes


Hey y'all!
I'm back with another post! As promised,
I'm back with a short post on How to clean your Makeup Brushes/Sponges/Tools.

Watsons Eyelash Curler, Ecotools Kabuki Brush, Artistè Rounded Powder Brush,
MAC Stippling Brush, Elianto Foundation Brush, Artistè Rounded Smudge Brush,
Artistè Angled Liner Brush, Maybelline Gel Liner Brush, Ecotools Smudge Brush ,
Watsons 2 in 1 Eyebrow Brush & Comb and Beauty Blender.

Above are the most basic brushes/tools I always use to apply my makeup on.
I always think its important to clean your brushes once a week so bacteria won't stick 
on to your face when you use the brush. I have this OCD thing so I like to clean them every week.

You will need :
- A shallow bowl
- Gentle clarifying shampoo or baby shampoo
- Your sink
- A lint free cloth

Instructions :
1. Begin by running your brushes under lukewarm water, rinsing out all of the residual makeup. 
Try to focus on the actual bristles while avoiding the part of the brush 
where handle meets the head, as this can loosen the glue over time.

2. Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and a squirt of shampoo, and gently swirl your brush tip in the water.
 If you need to, you can also swirl the brush in the palm of your hand to work up a lather.

3.Rinse the brush tip under running water once again. 
Repeat steps two and three until the water runs clear from the brush,

4.Use a cloth to wipe your brush clean, reshaping the bristles as you go.

5.Lay your brushes flat on a cloth to dry.

You can also try using some other brush cleansing shampoo from the market 
but using this method is the most CHEAPEST way to clean your brushes!

I got this tip from here!

Beauty Blender

In case you're wondering what this is?
Its called the Beauty Blender which I just simply adore and love so much!
This works as well as a stippling, foundation brush. 

How do you use it?
You can use it to apply your foundation, concealer and powder.
I usually apply my foundation with my fingers all over my face first. 
After that, dampen then Beauty Blender and dry it with a towel.
Make sure its not too dry cause you need the sponge to be slightly damp.
Just dab the sponge all over your face to even out the foundation using the bigger surface
for bigger areas and the pointy tip for your under eyes and around your nose.
It works exactly like the stippling brush! 

How do you clean it?
Just use an Anti-Bacterial Soap to wash it.
Make sure to keep squeezing the sponge until the soap is all drained from the soap.
Then, air dry it and you're all done! 
Its that simple!

Click here for more info!

Watsons Eyelash Curler

Usually I would clean this tool with an Alcohol Pad which you can purchase from the pharmacy 
or any drug store such as Watsons or Guardian. Just use the pad to wipe all over it and its all clean! 
I use the alcohol pads for my tweezers as well.

Tea Tree Oil Anti-Bacterial Spray

This is my favourite! 
Its a really simple way to keep all your makeup brushes clean and sanitized as well as bacteria free.
This spray is useful for many other stuff too such as for insect bites, facial spray,
itchy scalps and many more! Click here to find out more! 

What do you need?
- 100ml spray bottle
(Any size would do actually)
- Tea Tree Oil 
(You can get the Tea Tree Oil from any pharmacy)
- Mineral Water
(Because its clean unlike tap water which is really contaminated)

Instructions :
1. Fill the spray bottle with mineral water.
2. Put in 5 - 6 drops of Tea Tree Oil into the spray bottle.
(The amount of drops depends on the size of the spray bottle)
3. Shake the bottle and there you go! 

You can spray it on your pillow cases, brushes, clothes or anything 
that you want to keep it bacteria free!

Click here for the tutorial! 

(Image source from Google)

Another way to keep your brushes in shape, you can try out The Brush Guard!
I always use them after washing my brushes so the bristles doesn't open up like a flower.
Just slip the brushes in from the handle side and put them all the way 
until the brush part is secured in the guard. Its that simple!

(Image source from Google)

I am selling them so do drop me a message for those who are interested!
You can also leave a comment on how you clean your brushes!
I would love to find out more ways to keep them clean!

Oh, did I mention that I'm gonna be selling makeups including the Beauty Blender?
Stay tuned for that! Will keep you guys posted on this.

Hope this is really helpful!
Remember, clean brushes means clean face!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tips, gonna follow your steps to wash my brushes!^^
    http://when2meets2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! :D I really should clean my brushes more often even though I don't use them that much, lol...
    Anyway, I've been using the Daiso sponge and brush cleaner, and it works really well. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment